So…emboldened by my test sock success, I decided to try a sock with fingering weight yarn on 2s…in other words, sock weight yarn on sock needles. It looked like it was all going well, but the whole thing fell apart within 3 rows. Which is fine. But I’ve decided to wait a bit before trying again. The yarn is becoming something else but I don’t have pictures yet…and am still hoping that turns out lol.
Not the greatest picture and definitely not doing the yarn justice, but that was the triumphant first row lol.
I’m struggling with my phone camera. It’s supposed to be good but I haven’t figured out how to make it behave. It’s not something I know much about.
So I wrote before about difficulties I had trying to manage a blanket for Project Linus…the stars just wouldn’t align. So I switched yarns and started again. This is the current state of that attempt:
There was more than twice as much fabric there before I frogged.
This time it wasn’t a problem with the yarn, though, it was a problem with me. I have no idea how I managed it but I got extra stitches at the end of several rows and the thing was just too crooked to save by easing it back in. Weirdly I only did this on one side. Even weirder that I did it at all. I have no idea where my mind must have been.
Working on it again is just too much for right now so it’s safely put away where I won’t think about it for a while. I’ll no doubt finish it eventually, once the sight of it doesn’t make me cross anymore. I’m definitely losing the race to finish a blanket, but I firmly believe in putting good vibes into your projects so definitely better late than cranky!